● A council made up of members who have been selected and commissioned by the pastoral staff and the church family to come alongside and serve the pastoral leadership.
● Council members must hold church membership (having done so for at least two years or more), while serving as a volunteer in an area of church ministry.
● Council members must exercise the traits of a true disciple of Christ, by serving others, having concern, compassion and empathy and a heart for their community.
● Council members must understand that they are in this role as servants while governing and carrying out the structure, guidelines, mission/vision and values of the church.
● Council members are to be regularly praying, meeting, governing and holding each other accountable in order to set the example for the church family. All the while being submissive to one another and to God, embracing unity and humility and showing love and care to one another.
● They are to shoulder the burden of leadership in their respective roles under the guidance of the pastoral staff. They provide assistance and offer their discernment while maintaining the integrity keeping a mindset of ‘what’s best for the church’ at heart.